At Denim Geek we understand how important it is to have an item of clothing that fits perfectly. We take care when measuring all of our garments to make sure that we give our customers the best idea possible when it comes to both sizing and fit. We take the same measurements on all of our products and all measurements are taken with the garment laid flat. If you have any questions about the sizing or fit of any item, give us a shout!
1. ACTUAL WAIST - As the labelled waist size usually differs from the actual size, we make sure this is measured to give customers an idea of shrinkage and stretching. This is measured flat and then doubled to give an actual waist size.
2. INSEAM - Our inseam measurement is taken with the jeans laid flat. We measure the inseam from the crotch to the bottom of the leg at the inside.
3. OUTSEAM - This measurement is taken on some of our brands. It is a flat measurement from the bottom of the leg to the waistband.
4. LEG OPENING - Also called the ankle meausrement or the hem, this is a short base measurement from one side of the leg to the other. This measurement can give an idea of tapering and fit.
5. FRONT RISE - This is a measurement from the top of the waistband, above the top button, to the crossing seams at the crotch.
6. BACK RISE - Similar to the front rise, we measure from the top of the waistband at the back straight down to the crossing seams at the crotch.
1. PIT TO PIT - Perhaps one of the most important measurements of any garment, our pit to pit measurement is a straight measurement from the seam crossing underneath the left arm to the seam underneath the right. This can be multiplied by two for an exact chest size.
3. BACK LENGTH - A laid flat measurement from the bottom of the back up to the neck seam. We do not include any extra inches for the collar on our measurements.
4. ARM LENGTH - We measure our arms from the very end of the arm on the underside, up to the seam meeting at the underarm.
We hope this gives you a better idea of our sizing and measurements. Don't forget that each product on the Denim Geek site has a small size guide under the description. If you have any questions about sizing, please call us on 0844 804 5794 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.